Contact Me

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Miracle That Set My Faith

As a nursery school kid I hated school. I don't know for what specific reason I did, oh probably something to do with my teacher tasting my food at break time hehe. But don't all kids hate school anyway? On the first day of school I ran away from my classroom and went to my sisters class. I don't know what happened there, I couldn't see anything through my tear blurred eyes. Of the previous minutes events, I only remember my elder sister walking away from me at the Baby Class door and me running after her wailing. But most kids were crying anyway, it was Day 1 for crying out loud! I stayed with her the rest of the day I think. I wonder why no one made An Attempt to take me back to my class, maybe I had some really fierce wail and had been calm for a while or maybe the teachers there knew exactly how to deal with kids like me, they had been there, done all that.

The miracle: It was a Sunday or Monday night and I lay in my bed ( a cot actually hehe) staring through the curtains at the bright night. The G-clef shaped rails' silhouette against the light curtains formed an image that remains imprinted in my mind to this day. You see back then I had to see the sky as I was praying, to face God. I said a prayer I had memorised from some book, I can't remember the title but it was orange in colour.
''Thank you God for the world so sweet,
Thank you God for the food we eat.
Thank You God for the birds that sing,
Thank You God for everything'' Amen

I stared at the G-clef silhouette and wished that the days would go quickly. I was looking forward to the weekend, I dreaded nursery school, most especially that game, that dreadful game where all the kids would sit in a circle singing '' I sent a letter to my father on the way I lost it, Somebody must have picked it up and put it in his pocket.'' Some kid would be circumnavigating as the singing is going on, tapping the kids at the head/shoulder as the song approaches climax ''It wasn't you, it wasn't you, but it was YOU'' The two kids then race in opposite directions and the one who reaches the vacant spot first gets to sit and the other runs around tapping heads. I was ALWAYS that kid running tapping heads or the YOU kid. Yuck! How I hated that game!! Pardon me, I forget the name.

I made my first prayer that night, the first prayer from my head/heart and not from a text book or Bible only as I had usually done. I wished with all my heart for the days to move by quickly.

God answered my prayer! I remember staring at the G-clef shaped rails every subsequent night and thinking 'Oh, what a short day it has been!'

I knew God existed that week. The rest of the school days did not seem so dreadful.At the age of four, I had my first experience with miracles. I still get that WOW feeling...

2 comments:

  1. hehe so did fate stop picking on u. as for miracles, sometimes they happen n when they do, they leave you wowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe not until after primary school. I used to be a magnet to those hairy caterpillars back then.
    I agree, I have seen huge ones in my time. Will blog about them later though I find it extremely hard to write about them.

    ReplyDelete